XBOX 360 Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Like Halo you can have only two weapons at a time and use a recharging shield. This though is powered by an always decreasing supply of thermal energy, topped up from defeated enemies. Apart from this the only other piece of gadgetry you have to help you is a grappling hook, although it remains largely underused in the single player campaign. The various mechs you can commandeer are a great deal of fun though, with different variants being able to jump, hover or transform into vehicles. Graphically the game is excellent, with some awesomely large Starship Troopers style bugs and possibly the best explosions ever in gaming.
- Frenetic action – Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.
- Xbox Live enabled – An array of online gameplay possibilities await including:
- Downloadable content such as additional maps, missions and weapons
- Online multiplayer cooperative and versus battles
- Foot and vehicle based gameplay – Command highly powered armed vehicles and weapons
- Vast environments – Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice
- A premier team of developers – The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet